I am so grumpy with my kids lately, I lamented to a friend a few weeks ago. I just don't know what to do in order to make it better.
My friend suggested I start a gratitude journal and document each of the new things I can be grateful for every day. This friend recently lost her husband. She said she just came up with 48 things she was grateful for in her life while waiting for me to meet her for lunch!
I was highly convicted and wanted to change. So I've been sitting here thinking about so many people in our lives who have been such a blessing to us. Friends and family. Strangers. And of course, our church.
Here's just one example of how we've been blessed recently:
I got a voicemail on my phone from an air conditioning company.
It sounded fishy to me.
So I deleted it.
The girl called back and I played it for Ryan and asked him what he thought about it. He suggested I just call and see what they want.
Well, I did and it was a life changing phone call! The girl said a man named Brian from BWR Heating and Air wanted to come to our house and replace our air conditioning unit that had just broken, without us paying!!!
It seemed too good to be true. I told Ryan and he was as excited as I was because without air conditioning in Corona during the summer, you will melt it's so stinking hot here.
We met Brian, the owner and I attempted to find out how we were getting this "free" air conditioner. He said someone from our church offered to pay for it and BWR wanted to put it in for us.
He flat out refused to tell us who it was.
From the beginning of our journey with Cancer, there have been many, many blessings along the way. This was, by far, one of the coolest (pun intended!)
Only 47 more to go, tonight...
2) Every single person who has prayed for us along the way.
3) Enough food to eat each day.
4) The fact that Ryan is still here after four years since his diagnosis and still is going strong.
5) Stories about people like John Kohlenberger, who had Stage IV Prostate Cancer for 13 years and lived well.
6) Encouraging texts I get from friends telling me they are praying for me.
7) Play dates for the girls to go out and be friends with other kids.
8) The beautiful sunset we saw over the beach the other day.
9) Twelve glorious years of marriage.
10) Two great kids.
11) The ability to freely worship God and read my Bible in public.
12) The way cool website called Superbook that lets kids learn about God and Jesus.
13) The DVD series called Owlegories that is filled with puns and God's love.
14) The legacy of love my parents left me, especially my Mom. Happy Mother's Day, Mom, in Heaven!
15) The promise of Heaven.
16) Three running vehicles
17) My wedding ring
18) A computer to type this out on
19) Toys for Talitha and Joy to play with
20) Wall hanging quilts, lovingly handmade by my aunt
21) Clean air to breathe
22) Working lungs
23) Couch pillows
24) Tomato plants
25) A green thumb
26) A working phone
27) Gas in my gas tank
28) My Mom's groups and the lovely friends I've made in each of them
29) The meal of the day called breakfast (YUM!)
30) Quality time with my family
31) The Coffee Bean
32) Pictures on my walls
33) Both girls sleeping through the night
34) A lovely place to call our home
35) Birthday presents
36) An excellent relationship with my in-laws
37) A chance to start fresh every day
38) The ability to help others
39) A chipmunk in a tutu
40) New clothes
41) A baby that's gaining weight
42) Baby lotion
43) LED lights
44) Ryan's amazing sense of humor
45) Talitha's art
46) Tea parties
47) Being so incredibly loved by my Creator and my husband
That only took me about 20 minutes and now my heart is full. Your turn!!!